Sunday, August 16, 2009

Street Fighter IV review





After a long haiatus away from the center stage, the World Warriors finally return! Street Fighter IV is one of the best fighting games ever created. You can tell that Capcom took it's time working on this masterpiece. Years in the making and finally released to the public on February 17, 2009 this game has it all. It rekindles all of the memories of the arcade, with online play to boot. We haven't seen a fighting game so finely tuned like this in ages. The gameplay has a new feel to it, while being nostalgic at the same time. It brings the series back to it's roots, while adding new players like Crimson Viper a female agent, Rufus a self-proclaimed number one fighter in the U.S., El Fuerte a Luchador (wrestler) and a cook, Abel a young man who is tracking down Shadaloo, Gouken Ken and Ryu's master and also Akuma's older brother, and Seth a.k.a. the Puppet Master the boss of S.I.N. He is the new boss of the game. The graphics are top notch. The game has a psuedo 2D/3D art form to it. Bottom line it looks great. The sound is also on point. You feel the punches when they are being thrown by a skilled player behind the joypad. The music sways more to rave if you like that sound. The online play while good, can have it's lag problems occasionally. I love this game so much I bought it for my Xbox 360, and my Playstation 3. I rate it a 9.5 out of 10! Highly recommended!

2 comments:

  1. ii ended it da first day ... on very easy tho lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another game I need to get. I grew up on Street Fighter, and I'm a big fan of the series. I keep putting the game off in favor of other games, though. :(

    ReplyDelete